Health ServicesThe Foothills Region is under the jurisdiction of Alberta Health Services (www.albertahealthservices.ca)
Hospital facilities are located in Black Diamond, High River, and south Calgary. A full range of dental and general and specialty medical clinics are present locally.
Okotoks Health & Wellness Centre
11 Cimarron Common (Southridge Drive)
- Offers a number of health services including Urgent Care, Lab, X-Ray, Public Health, Community Care, Sexual Health, Speech Language Pathology, Pediatric Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy, Respiratory Therapy, Mental Health, Environmental Health, Adult Day Support and the Okotoks Healthy Family Resource Centre.
High River Hospital
560 9 Avenue SW
Beds - 32 active, 75 long-term care, 24 hour paramedic service
Public Health Unit
310 Macleod Trail SW
- Preventive health program, including prenatal classes, post-natal home visits, child health clinics, immunization programs for preschool and school age children, and environmental health program.
Foothills Foundation - 403.652.3104
Medicine Tree Place - 403.652.3104
Turner Valley/Black Diamond
Oilfields General Hospital
717 Government Road S., Black Diamond
- Beds - 10 acute care, 30 long-term care, palliative care unit
- Staffing - 7 physicians, orthotics specialist, audiologist, clinical dietitian, speech pathologist.
- Full range of health care services, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, mental health office, and home care and public health services. Base of operations for the area’s 24-hour 911 emergency medical service.
Black Diamond Health Unit
(Calgary Health Region facility)
717 Government Road S.
Foothills Family Medical Clinic
141- 1 St. SW, Black Diamond
Terminal Illness Care:
Foothills Country Hospice Society - www.countryhospice.org