Industrial / Commercial Land Availability
M.D. of FoothillsHighway 2A (Aldersyde) Industrial Corridor
(8587 acres undeveloped/unserviced)
Anchors: Cargill, Sprung Instant Structures, Mullen Trucking, Nelson Lumber, Abild's Trucking, Christianson Pipe
The Highway 2A Corridor is the primary location for industrial and commercial development within the M.D. of Foothills No. 31. The current Area Structure Plan guiding the development of the corridor is referred to as the Highway 2A Industrial Area Structure Plan (H2AIASP). The corridor consists of 8587 acres of land, all privately owned. Development approvals are based on submitted proposals. Please contact the M.D. of Foothills No. 31 (Samantha Payne, Economic Development Officer, 403.652.2341) or visit http://www.mdfoothills.com/business/hwy_2a_industrial_area_structure_plan.html for more information.
Abild's Industrial Park
(just north of Cargill, serviced)
t: 403.652.2440, c: 403.333.5757
Anchor: Abildâs Trucking
Warner Business Park
(junction of Hwy 7 & Hwy 2, serviced)
- There are several areas in Okotoks zoned for commercial development (retail, office, and affiliated land uses) including various areas along Southridge and Northridge Drives, the Westmount commercial site, the Drake Landing Shopping area, Banister Gate near Northridge Drive, and various redevelopment and infill opportunities in downtown Okotoks. The Southbank Business Park at 32nd Street and Highway 7 (Tri-Star and Burnswest) has commercial and light and medium industrial development opportunities, accentuated by completion of the 32nd Street bridge creating highway exposure and easy access to CAN-MEX Hwy 2.
- Elma Street is a turn of the century heritage street running parallel to mainstreet that has a mix of residential and commercial properties. Commercial projects on this street include bed and breakfast's, boutique retailers, hair and beauty salons, accountants, alterations, health-dentistry, upholstery repair, massage, naturopathic services, antiques, and financial and information technology enterprise.
- Mainstreet (Elizabeth/McRae/North Railway) has several redevelopment and a handful of raw land development opportunities, and is being targeted for professional, entertainment, tourism, culture and arts, high end retail, and corporate headquarters and offices land uses. Future commercial expansion in the downtown core is anticipated on South Railway St., and North Railway St. E.
New raw industrial land capacity of approx. 200 acres is available, including:
- Okotoks Business Park Expansion Area (29 acres). Phase 1 and 2 available for sale. Prices range from $500,000 - $600,000 per acre. For details contact Okotoks Economic Development at 403.938.8907or firstname.lastname@example.org. Owner - Town of Okotoks.
- Southbank Business Park (170 acres). Located east of Costco and Home Depot on Tri-Star and Burnswest lands, zoned I1-S. Tri-Star (60 acres) welcomes all inquiries including but not limited to offices, corporate headquarters, warehousing, light manufacturing, R&D facilities, auto service shops, business support services, industrial service shops, medical clinics, theatres, truck terminals, and light commercial such as hotel and entertainment establishments. The Burnswest lands (111 acres) can accommodate uses similar to the Tri-Star lands, plus Commercial Highway uses such as eating establishments, financial institutions, medical clinics, household service shops, retail stores, recreation facilities, and commercial schools. Both developers are accepting expressions of interest or have parcels available for sale, lease, or build to suit.
Land Owners / DevelopersCommercial / Industrial
8 Banister Gate
Prominence Development Corp.
235 Milligan Drive
235 Milligan Drive
United Communities, Bob Faktor
Okotoks Business Park
Town of Okotoks c/o Shane Olson, EDO
Southbank Business Park
Tristar Communities Inc.
Moez Moledina, General Manager
t: 403.640.0708, c: 403.605.2670
Jeff J. Burns, General Manager
t: 403.301.3983, c: 403.681.7703
Mountainview at Sandstone
The Hill at Westridge
Okotoks Air Ranch
Eaglecrest at Westmount
High RiverApproximately 130 acres, all privately owned. 100 acres commercial zoning (box store, hotel, restaurant, service station, warehousing, no manufacturing). 30 acres industrial zoning. Various lot sizes. Contact Town of High River for more information (403.652.2110).
Contact Town of Turner Valley for more information (403.933.4944), e: email@example.com
Armstrong Fine Homes
RTM Dream Homes
Compass Rose Homes
Black DiamondService Commercial - Land, Warehouse, Office, Retail
- Diamond Crossing, Style Realty, Herb Styles, t: 403.875.3491, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jaymont Development Inc., Jason Williams, t: 403.512.5656, email@example.com
- Dave Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org
- RE/MAX Complete Commercial, Brad Brickwell, t: 403-461-4169, Brad.Brickwell@outlook.com
- DâArcy Browning, t: 403-870-5865, email@example.com
Riverwood, Quadrum Mortgage Corp., Bill Harker, t: 403-705-0650, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.quadrummortgage.com